Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Final Progress

My thought process so far has been pretty scattered. I really enjoyed the narrative pieces we watched in class and I want to do something somewhat similar to that. In particular, I thought the one about identity when being watched and the life of someone else was really interesting. I thought a lot about what my life would look like to someone else who stalked me or whatever, but realized I'm a pretty monotonous college student. That could be interesting, but I decided not to follow through with that idea. I looked up some stuff on the Art 21 website about random artists and found the ones who worked with the idea of memory really interesting. I also read the short story on carmen and the ideas of blindness and imagination were inspiring. I decided I wanted to work with short term memory paired with the narrative aspect of the other ideas. I want to try to communicate the blur between memory and imagination when you close your eyes. I've had many experiences recently with this, just thinking about the things around me and the distortion I can get caught up in with my imagination. I don't want to communicate this idea too simply, so I'm kind of stuck right now on where to begin with the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment